Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sheer Beauty

Among other things, I'm a big fan of classical music, and especially chamber music. My favorite group is the remarkable Claremont Trio, consisting of Donna Kwong (piano) and identical twin sisters Emily (violin) and Julia (cello) Bruskin. I've been listening to chamber music for almost all of my 66 years, beginning with the flawless performances of the Budapest String Quartet. Even so, I can truthfully say that I have never heard this music performed any better than when it is performed by the Claremont Trio.

The group has been performing and vacationing in Hawaii during the past couple of weeks, and have posted a little to their blog, Claremont on Tour, about their experiences on the trip.

If you'd like to see sheer beauty, take a look at their most recent post, "Swimming with the Sea Turtles!", and play the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment